My grandfather gave me the advice of, "you should try and date a 100 girls before you are ready and able to settle down." This is great advice because it does show you what you like and what you do not. I however took this advice to the extreme and have tried to reach that 100 gals, I pray I never reach that number because it means many broken hearts, and my own heart broken into many little pieces. I found myself searching for love, and I did that through relationships. I found a completeness when I was with a woman, you may have a different avenue...such as possessions, or status.
Whatever you try to use to fill that void, you will never be able too. When I am single, I find myself having these urges to buy video games, so I can get sucked into a fantasy world, silly I know, but it numbs the pain of the void. I find myself always looking for the next woman, but that will not fill the deeper desire of my aching heart. The only thing that fills that ache is being content and the only way I have ever been content is by falling head over heals in love with my Lord, and Savior. It is so cliche, that we always say have faith and be patient...I hate being patient, its no fun...its my life and I want it now! I use a lot of "I's", I am beginning to realize.
How is it that we feel the best when we serve, we feel the most fulfilled when we give to those around us. If you have ever served or helped a friend or served in a soup chicken, you feel better than you could ever imagine. When we stop focusing on what we want, and focus on the people around us...things actually work themselves out in ways that BLOW our minds. We were created to serve and glorify God, which I always thought was very selfish of God but He is God and who am I to judge Him but yet we feel the content and fulfilled when we do exactly what we were created for. I am not saying that serving will bring your true love into the picture, but it will change your life in ways that you will never see coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment