Friday, December 16, 2011

Love being Single

"You need to be alright being single for the rest of your life before you will find the love of your life"...I hated hearing this and this is all I heard growing up! So I was determined to prove this wrong and from the time I was 18, I have dated my fair share of girls. My grandfather told me to date a 100 gals, so I can find the things I like and don't like in a woman and then you are ready to settle down. After dating so many gals and then find things I really like and things that won't work, I thought I had a good grasp on what I desired in a spouse...but still something was missing...

I got into a car wreck a little over a month ago and it was a very dramatic experience. God took a lot away from me; Athletic ability, the ability to workout, girl interests, and my car...what He didn't take was family and friends, something I took for granted. My friends and family all stepped up and helped me through this rough patch, but something caught me off guard...and that something was me.

I was not happy with me, just being me. I was not happy with having friends and family that loved me, I was not able to go home and look at myself in the mirror and be ok with myself. If I was not working out or playing some sport or interested in some girl, I didn't see my self-worth. I always saw my worth in the things I did or things I had.

Not only that; but when I dated someone, the best in me always came out. I was the person I wanted to be when I was dating, but I was not that person when I was single. I found during this traumatic experience that there are things about myself that I want to change and I need to change them when I am single and not in a relationship. You can put on a good face for a long time but the real you will eventually come out. I have found that you have to love being single, love being you...the real you and when you are able to love you, then you will be much more prepared for your true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment