Friday, September 17, 2010

Flirting

You are such a flirt!!! Have you ever been called this? I have been called this so many times and honestly I was offended by this. I know I can be a flirt but at the same time I am a very open person and love to talk with people. Everyone thinks that if you are open and paying attention to someone of the opposite sex, you are considered to be flirting with them. So you can't even pay attention to people without being called out for it, like it's a bad thing. People have forgotten how to truly pay attention and listen to the people around them. Guys flirt when they want to get to know women around them, or at least are accused of this. I am also sure that girls do this as well but I have no idea how they do this because they are so sneaky! Guys need to realize that if they want to get to know the women in there lives they will need to go out of there way to pay attention to them. Listen to them and ask them things about themselves.

So doing all of this is quite alright but there are these times that flirting is not alright at all! When people flirt to get attention, leading people on, and fish for the "better girl or guy". When you flirt to get attention to make yourself feel good, thats when its wrong. We all know what to do, to get that "look" form people and you all know what I am talking about. We all want to feel good about ourselves but we do not need people to fulfill this feeling for us. Christ gave us everything we need to feel good about ourselves, We do not need other to fulfill that for us.

Flirting for the wrong attention goes right along with leading men and women on. We flirt to get attention and then we use it to lead people on. You use the attention you manufactured to hang out with people and once again have the feeling of being wanted and loved at other people's expense. You are using other people to make you feel good, but what about those people. If you lead a girl on, then you are playing with her heart...does she deserve that? You getting attention is not worth another person's feelings, emotions, heart being played with. If your heart was being played with, would you enjoy that?

The final thing wrong with flirting is fishing for the "better" guy or gal. Sometimes I really do not know why we "fish" or "go for" the "better" person. If I had to guess, it's because we want a challenge when we are trying to get into a relationship. If man flirts with a women, and he is not really interested in her, but he is curious if she is interested in him, he will "fish" and attempt to see if he gets a nibble. If she bits, then he loses interest and goes onto the next woman. He will continue to fish to find a gal that maybe shows she is interested but in such a way that challenges him, then he will start reeling her in until he was won the battle...let her go and move on. Fishing plays with people's hearts, its not worth it.

When you flirt, use it to pay attention to people; not to fish, lead people on, or get attention. Pay attention to people and put them first...it is worth your time.

photo courtesy of istockphoto

2 comments:

  1. lol. There is an old saying, "He chased her until she caught him," that really holds a lot of wisdom. I think there is something valuable in not being easily caught. The reason that it is attractive to some is that it means the person isn't "easy." Playing hard to get is sometimes wise, when flirting! In marriage, it still works like that. The chase is exhilarating. Obviously, it can't just be for the purpose of chasing, because that's just stupid. And you have to know when to catch the girl and KEEP her, rather than moving on to the next chase, or you will be miserable.

    Lesson to guys, keep chasing your wife after you are married too! It's so not cool to get married and have the man STOP his pursuit just because (and I literally QUOTE), "I already caught you. No need to try now." lol.

    ReplyDelete