
Movies and relationships, two thing that should never mix. We all watch movies to enjoy the escape from reality and the adventure, action, love, heartache, joy that movies can bring us. I will have to say I love movies, a good action movie is always a good choice to past the time. I also love watching a good love story. Everyone loves to watch them fall in love in many magical ways. Like the movie "P.S. I love you" and "Dear John" Both these movies are wonderful and show what I believe to be true love, not this fake stuff. "P.S. I love you" shows a husband that dies and through gifts and letters he wrote before his death, help his wife to get through losing him and onto a new healthy relationship.
"Dear John" is a army recruit that falls in love with a beautiful women and stays true to his word to come back for her in four years after his deployment in Iraq. Well is third year in, the gal sends him a "dear john" letter and its over. His heart is broken but through love, he lets her do what she needs to do. A handful of years later, they cross paths again and the love that was once there is rekindled and they get back together.
These kind of movies are far and few because they show how hard love can really be. Love does not mean that things will always go right, just the opposite really. Love is patient, kind, it does not judge, and the list goes on. Read 1 Corinthians 13, for the true definition on love.
You know all those disney movies, that the "street rat" or local gal always get the prince and princess of their dreams. Well I hate to break it to you but it does not always workout like that. Your prince or princess maybe just the opposite of what society has made you to think they will be like. Sometimes you have to stop looking through "society glasses" and open your eyes and see the things that really matter 10, 25, 50 years down the road. Remember when you find that right person, and you walk into your happily ever after, real life starts and a whole new story will unfold.
Photo courtesy of George Eastman House
Wow, I am so impressed with the combination of your youth and your depth! I hope many are reading and reflecting on your words!
ReplyDeleteyour proud to be friend and "other mom"
Trish
Thank you so much Trish :) Its God, thanks
ReplyDeleteThis is Horrible, seriously man, do u know anything about relationships? or grammar for that matter? It sounds to me like u just let something interesting and in your opinion "profound" enter your head, then you write it. P.S. I Love You is a HORRIBLE example, the chick goes and sleeps with some dude in ireland only a day after meeting him, ya i suppose that is "moving on", good for her. And Dear John, lets just say Dear God why??? According to that movie they fall in love after only knowing each other for a few weeks, hey, great foundation! I find it quite sad and nearly sickening that u try to use "analogies" such as those and the Bible in the same blog. Please....stop.
ReplyDeleteYou make a really good point, society today does a terrible job of showing what true love is. The chick in P.S. I love you does go off and sleep with the dude but like a year later. I was talking about how the Husband did everything he could to help her get over him. Thank you for your comments, come again.
ReplyDeleteim sorry, im really trying to make some reason out of this but i simply cannot. My understanding of your purpose to these blogs is to help people understand how to nurture a true relationship and find what love truly is.
ReplyDeleteI dont see how P.S. I Love You does either of those. why would a husband (terminal or not) EVER focus his efforts on helping his wife get over him? what can we possibly learn or take away from this and put towards a true, loving, and caring relationship... i so dare to say nothing. I think its great when people write advice and try to help people with things, but u have to have experience and have found it yourself before you can do that. Even more so before you try to bring something so profound and abundantly wise as the Bible into it. Until then it is only opinions and speculations. "The thing I really like to do after a break-up is..." a quote from another one of your blogs. The fact that you have a favorite thing to do after a break up should tell urself that maybe you should get a few things straight before continuing this "advice" blog.
I encourage you to keep searching for what completes u as a man, but until then you should stick to merely searching and seeking advice, not giving it.
Silence of the Lambs is the best movie about love.
ReplyDeleteI think you have some really great things to say! I like the idea of making a list. I did that, although it wasn't incredibly long, and my boyfriend fits it exactly. We've been together for a few months - over half a year - and we are doing awesome!
ReplyDeleteI just want to say, I really admire that you are searching for truth and wisdom. I see a lot of growth in you as a person! Keep it up, gentleman :)
One more thing I would advise: Don't search. Fall in love with Jesus first, and seek Him. I think we often miss the romantic love of God. I wouldn't worry about "finding the right one." Let God bring her to you. If you know that God wants you to be with someone in that way, He won't fail to tell you who that person is.
You're awesome! Keep writing!
~ A really good friend :)